Our Man Ralph Nader And Voting With Your Heart

Fri Jul 14 16:41:40 PDT 2000

>The Ivins piece is pretty good, IMO. As a Maryland
>resident, my vote is
>probably a free one too.
>
>I was duly revolted by the latest example of liberal
>regression,
>even tho it was as far away as Germany, where the SPD rammed
>thru a regressive tax cut.
>
>Nader made the point on Crossfire two weeks ago that while
>it might
>be true that Gore is marginally better than Bush, and this
>is always true,
>this year's political 'center' is worse than the previous
>one, and so on.
>There is no way to stop this drift by choosing the lesser
>evil.

On the other hand, was there ever a faster rightward drift than in Britain under Mad Maggie, when the Labour Party was trying to make sure the difference between it and her was maximized?

You move the center to the left by winning the battle of ideas--not by electing Republican majorities and a Republican president...

Brad DeLong