Our Man Ralph Nader And Voting With Your Heart

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sat Jul 15 23:16:26 PDT 2000

Brad DeLong wrote:

>You move the center to the left by winning the battle of ideas--not
>by electing Republican majorities and a Republican president...
>
>Brad DeLong

Hasn't Ralph Nader <i>already<i> won that "battle of ideas," and haven't The Demopublican candidates conceded defeat by their unconditional refusal to debate with him? And how can a massive Green vote, attracting millions of electors whose disgust with the corrupt Demopublican "process" would otherwise force them to abstain from voting, conceivably be anything but extremely unfavorable to the chance of "electing Republican majorities"?

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things."

Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 64

Shane Mage

"immortal mortals, mortal immortals, living their deaths, dying their lives"

Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 62

Shane Mage

"When we read on a printed page the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems mystical, mystifying, even downright silly.

When we read on a computer screen the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems self-evidently true." (N. Weiner)