[cultstud-l] Brittany Spears' bellybutton

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Tue Jul 18 09:12:00 PDT 2000

2000 words might be enough if it's an inny. But if it's an out-y, nothing less than 3000 would do.

mbs

I'm looking for someone who might be able to either write or help research an article that might be summarized (more or less) as The Semiotics of Brittany Spears' Navel. It would be something that looks at the changing cultural significance (across cultures and through time, if possible) of the navel. It could also touch on issues of the 'performance of gender,' the commercialization/marketing of "girlishness," etc. Or it could take a new direction. It doesn't necessarily have to include Brittany Spears (that was just to get your attention.)

Length would be about 1500 to 2000 words. We pay competitive rates.

Please email me directly: rbrown at us.britannica.com

Thanks

Rodger Brown Managing Editor Britannica.com