Fwd: [fc.network] FC Sporadic for Monday, July 24, 2000

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jul 24 07:00:12 PDT 2000

The FC Network - http://www.fuckedcompany.com

Hi People,

Not like anyone noticed (or cared), but I've been gone for a few days. I'm back now.

Just got back to NYC from San Francisco. WebZine2000 (www.webzine2000.com) was tres cool. I hear you'll be able to download video from the event soon. I met so many cool people -- it's too bad SF is as fucked as it is.

So... here's the good stuff. Many more new ones not in this newsletter are on FC.

rock on, pud

http://www.fuckedcompany.com

--- Featured fucks-o-the-day ---

I'll trade you a Metallica MP3 for your company Okay, getting bought out is generally not a fuck -- but check out cdnow.com. Managing to narrowly escape the FC hall-of-fame, they IPO'ed at $16 -- and KO'ed at $3. Company: CDNow.com Points: 165

ClickMed.com found dead Should I start an "FC Crime Report"? If so, I'll be sure to add ClickMed.com. The doors are shut because the warden won't let Boston-area cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Richard Sharpe, run the site from jail. He was recently convicted for brutally murdering his wife. Company: ClickMed.com Points: 200 - new hall of fame inductee!

Nt sure why they still exist Free Internet access provider Freewwweb.com, umm, no longer provides Internet access. Referring people to Juno. Umm, yeah. Company: Freewwweb.com Points: 198

No free lunch Rumor has it that eHobbies.com employees were asked not to take lunch breaks. Instead, the company bought lunch (aww, that's nice)! Especially beloved by the prisoners were the Friday pizza-n-Pasta feasts. Now, because of "cash flow problems," eHobbies has stopped buying lunch. "When we get new funding," employees were told, they'd be able to provide lunch again. Company: eHobbies.com Points: 114

Screw the peace corps -- I'm gonna be a sys admin Rumor has it that 35 were fired and contractors were welcomed and encouraged to stay working as volunteers -- because it's so fun to work and not get paid. Company: TalkCity.com Points: 167

--- /Featured fucks-o-the-day ---

Copyright 2000, FuckedCompany.com, NYC. Werd.