Janis Ian's parents and the FBI

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Mon Jul 24 15:46:04 PDT 2000

Hi,

The page is a clever parody of an FBI surveillance file summary sent to an adminstrative supervisor by a field agent or lower level national office agent. It is actually promotional material for Janis Ian's new album. Having read over 100,000 pages of FBI surveillance files, I can attest that as a parody it captures some of the prose and form of an actual FBI document, complete with file numbers for the subversion category. The Minuteman reference is a bit jarring, however, as Kelley caught. It doesn't fit.

-Chip Berlet

file ferret