Krugman quality control worsens

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jul 28 12:19:52 PDT 2000

Michael Hoover wrote:

>Of course, US/western characterization of OPEC as 'Arab' has always been
>ideological, 2 of 5 founders - Iran, Venezuela - were/are non-Arab states.

Speaking of Venezuela, big NYT piece today on Chavez, "A Combative Leader Shapes Venezuela to His Leftist Vision" <http://www.nytimes.com/library/world/americas/072800venezuela-chavez.html>. Among other things, the piece notes that Chavez' energy minister is president of OPEC, and that Chavez seems to be taking pleasure in annoying the U.S. with the oil price increase. Call me paranoid, but I'm guessing Chavez will soon be experiencing trouble designed & executed by our friends in Langley.

Doug