"One Market Under God, and Heaven Help Us All"

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Fri Jul 28 15:15:32 PDT 2000

A surprising number do not. There are jobs, and good jobs for people with the right degrees, but a humanities degree from Chico doesn't seem to count for all that much, except as an entre to a teaching credential. As I said, I think that there is a growing disparity among diplomas. On the other hand, there is a credential inflation, in which some jobs now go to college grads that used to go for high school grads.

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu