Serious culture babble

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Wed Jun 7 09:44:29 PDT 2000

>Hey Kelley
>
>Ah, well, because I was thinking of the relation of sociology to art,
>the formation of discontent, the Frankfurt school's others,
>Horkheimer, Marcuse--along with the fact you're working for a security
>business.

heh. well i'd love to know more about why infosec would bring this to mind....

>We've done a few rounds over some of this territory and I
>wanted to get a rise out of you.

funny that! i responded to get a rise out of you!

>Check out Dennis R's thesis. It's
>good: [http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~dredmond/slrgdenk.html].

yah, skimmed thru when dennis first announced it. don't have the time i used to so haven't engaged it much.

>It sure makes wading through Negative Dialectics more pleasant.

i *loved* wading thru it years ago and i felt that it was delicious without seasoning! :)

miss ya. i still don't know why you don't join pulp and rant away with a bunch of others interested in art!

kelley