stox & spending

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Thu Jun 8 10:52:10 PDT 2000

This paper seems to be relevant to your response to a posting of mine some time ago in which I suggested that the wealth effect was a significant factor in keeping the economy afloat. You responded by reminding me of the Poterba and Samwick paper, which indicates that stock holding their concentrated. This abstract suggests some sort of contagion effect, which I have never seen described before.

--

Michael Perelman Economics Department California State University michael at ecst.csuchico.edu Chico, CA 95929 530-898-5321 fax 530-898-5901