Brits win race to decode human genome: Venter admits defeat

James Baird jlbaird3 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 16 13:54:37 PDT 2000

> They do
> not contain
> information. They do not possess within themselves
> the essence of whatever
> useful morphological traits we associate with them.
> There's simply nothing
> in there to patent.

So in other words, we don't have to worry about genetic engineering, since genes don't do anything, and if they did, we'd just have to define it as something else. Any successful products of genetic engineering are a mass hallicination.

Forgive me, but this is just silly. Pure sophistry (in it's vernacular, not it's historical, sense...)

Jim Baird