Development of An Internet Tasking Group, Focus Democrat Convention Protest [Freerepublic]

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sat Jun 17 10:50:33 PDT 2000

Development of An Internet Tasking Group, Focus: Democrat Convention Protest [Free Republic] Anybody planing to go to the protests in Los Angeles against the Democratic National Convention, will find more than liberal robots for Gore. Betcha, the loony right will show up too. And be penned in behind fences far from the the convention, just like the left.

I hope Nader continues taking votes from Gore but, in my more paranoid moments I have nightmares of a reprise of the first Cold War- scares over spies and national security, this time over the 1996 campaign finance scandals and PRC/PLA cash. http://www.actionworks.org/guides/frlinks/china.htm

Michael Pugliese

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a394bb3535eb4.htm FreeRepublic.com "A Conservative News Forum"

Activism/Chapters Announcement Keywords: DEMOCRAT NATION CONVENTION Published: Saturday - June 17, 2000 Author: DoughtyOne Posted on 06/17/2000 10:20:19 PDT by DoughtyOne Hello folks. In about seven weeks, the Democrats are going to infest Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles. We need to develop a plan for a protest there. I'd appreciate any help that I could get in this area, and you're just the ones who can. Contact me at my outside eMail address, and I'll put you on a mailing list. Then we'll set up some FireTalk conferences and develop a game plan. The plan should include: Daily hand out documents on different topics. (Press friendly)

China

Campaign Violations

Other topics... High quality large professional looking signs that skewer the main players on pertinent topics

Smaller signs that are supportive of the main signs

Topics changed daily (Theme of the day) Large Signs should be displayed near freeways during morning traffic. Then they can be moved to the convention location. Signs should be displayed prior to the convention letting people know a crime family is "coming to a city near you..." These and other ideas will be discussed, expanded upon and put into action. I'd like to see this protest turn into a model for others. The materials we develop for this could be forwarded to others to use in their endeavors. Thanks for your consideration. If you're from outside Southern California, but feel you have some good ideas along these lines, please make contact. We'd be happy to have your input. The first FireTalk sessions will take place early this week. Let's get down to work.

1 Posted on 06/17/2000 10:20:19 PDT by DoughtyOne (doughtyone at earthlink.net) [ Reply | Private Reply | Top | Last ]

To: DoughtyOne I will be happy to participate. May I suggest you contact the Green party for some ideas? I understand that they are going to be there en mass as well. Honestly, if we look like a bunch of conspiracists we will not get as much press as we would if we were to infiltrate the green party and appear as if we are tired of being betrayed by the democrats phoney stances of the environment, china trade, MTBE gasoline additive (cleans the air but poisons the water in Santa Monica), tuna fish nettingn (relaxes rules to allow some dolphins to get ensnared), etc. Further to this point, the Green party has a great opportunity to destroy Gore's chances in California. If just 5% of democrats turn out for Nader instead of Gore, this state will go to Bush. GO RALPH GO! 2 Posted on 06/17/2000 10:27:40 PDT by monkeyshine [ Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | Top | Last ]