White Trades Insults With CockburnEach Calls Other "Racist",/Re: Sullivan goes all lefty

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sun Jun 18 10:01:55 PDT 2000

To Patrick and all, that posting, was me in my goofball joker mode, albeit with a serious point in mind! Bill White is a nut. I was using that story to hint to Alex Cockburn and Jeff St. Clair, to exercise a bit more editorial discretion at Counterpunch to allow the words of such a confused (a Buchananite "anarchist") person in the journal.

On the Charles Reich character and The Greening of America and Con ,2,3.( "The Making of a Counter-Culture, " by Ted Roszak was better, and even that has dated, considerably.) Used to have a Bantam mass market paperback on it, with contributions from everyone from Marcuse (justifiably trashed it) to McGovern. That was the era when, even dry government reports like the Kerner Commission report on civil disturbances were issued and sold in best selling #'s. What publisher these days would bother? Esp. when the Starr report was on the net instantly.

However, the Reich papers in the sixties in the Yale Law Journal on anti-trust, have their fans, do they not?

Michael Pugliese