Philly: Call for J30 Volunteers

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jun 19 08:59:28 PDT 2000

From: <MWMorrill at aol.com> Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 14:02:24 EDT Subject: [a16-dc-planning] Call for J30 Volunteers

Please forward widely. ================ Unity 2000 will be a history making event on July 30 in Philadelphia. Do you want to help make history? Then volunteer for one or more of the following jobs for U2K. There are innumerable jobs, and the list is growing every day. The following is a sample of what we need. J30 committee chairs will be posting their needs as they develop.

To volunteer for any of these jobs, please contact the office (215-627-5007) or reply to <j30volunteers at pcan.org>

Yes, I want to volunteer to help make history in Philadelphia on July 30.

Name:

Address:

Phone:

Email:

Hours/days I am available:

Positions I want to volunteer for:

I also have these skills that can be used by U2K:

1) Office Work. Our new office is at 315 n. 12th St., #308. We need people to answer the phones (9-5, M-F), do data entry and make outreach calls.

2) Work From Home. Outreach and fundraising can be done from your home or workplace.

3) Day of Event. We will need people for a variety of tasks, which will be outlined in more detail in days to come. There will be hundreds of people needed on July 30 to do things such as check-in for media, transporting speakers, back stage work, parade marshals, lost and found, etc.

4) Join a committee. The current committees and their contacts are: Outreach - <patrick.hossay at stockton.edu> Patrick Hossay. Working to inform and recruit people to attend J30.

Program- <kblack at dc47.org> Kathy Black. Creating the J30 program, soliciting speakers and muscians/artists.

Media- <leonobol at voicenet.com> Leon Oboler. Developing and implementing a media plan.

Logistics- <u2klogistics at pcan.org> Deals with practical stuff such as legal, medical, transportation, stage setup, etc.