Where was the Color at A16 in D.C.?

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Mon Jun 19 12:18:40 PDT 2000

At 12:04 PM 6/19/00 -0400, Doug Henwood wrote:
>Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
>>I'd have to agree with Irene Tung quoted in the article below about the
>>style of organizing that has become fashionable among young activists
>>through Seattle, A16, etc.: "There was definitely an insider's culture at
>>A16, especially at the convergence spaces. There was a vocabulary and
>>behavior, an assumed cultural commonality, that was somewhat eerie. It
>>seems that the ideals of absence of leadership and `facilitated
>>chaos'--as they say--function best in a homogenous group." Yoshie

god. she goes into the trash bin most of the time and damned if i don't happen to pick this one out of all possible ones to read from doug. why don't you and the rest of the comedy act take a step back sometime and observe this fscking list. watch how we ALL and you guys in your own peculiar way shun people who don't use the right lingo or express themselves in just the right way. how many times has carrol posted some rant about how we shouldn't use the word individual or you and carrol and the rest of the gang attack someone for using the concept of social class. like if fucking matters. you all will go on and on and on about someone using the concept of social class as a tool for social research, continually *ASSERTING* that the use of such tools is detrimental to class struggle. and yet, you've never once backed up a thing you say with an argument, evidence, logic. and guess what? it's out there except you guys don't know how to make the argument. it's lost to you.

what a bunch of horse shit you spout yoshie.

how many times, yoshie, have you and i gotten into it discovering that we often agree about certain things but you don't like the way i say it or the concepts i use or whathaveyou. from an outsider's perspective it looks like a fscking cult where the entrance is learning the right lingo, talking the talk

</bitch>

kelley