Where was the Color at A16 in D.C.?

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Mon Jun 19 12:57:44 PDT 2000

Carrol Cox wrote:

> I tend to think that new (and we hope workable) forms of democracy will
> be achieved through the wrenching into new channels of democratic
> centralism, but that will be determined by theorizing within the practice
> of
> the future, not by theorizing now.

Democratic centralism? No thanks. Everybody is tired of that.

> TWO. In the United States any movement or organization which in its
> initial form is predominantly white will eventually fail. The core of any
>
> successful overcoming of the prime enemy of the working class in the
> United States, its own racism (conscious and spontaneous, subjective
> and structural) can only be broken if leadership is visibly black --
> which
> means to begin with not only a predominantly black formal leadership
> but black dominance in terms of number of activists. This is not to
> deny the immense promise of the Seattle movment, but it is to claim that
> survival of that movement depends on its subordination to a black
> led black liberation movement.

Does this explain why so many authoritarian Left groups spend so much time infiltrating movements dominated by people of color, so that they can recruit a few tokens to take leadership positions and thus make them appear P.C.?

After my experiences in the Mumia movement, I came up with a phrase to criticize this: "the search for revolutionary authenticity."

Subordination to a black-led liberation movement. Right.

Carrol, the 60s are over, man.

<< Chuck0 >>

This was the year *everything* changed.

-- Commander Ivanova, 2261

Mid-Atlantic Infoshop -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/

Homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/

"A society is a healthy society only to the degree that it exhibits anarchistic traits."

- Jens Bjørneboe