Where was the Color at A16 in D.C.?

Mon Jun 19 23:59:38 PDT 2000

> >> long consensus-based meetings...
>
> >...between free and equally boring subjects I suppose...
> >Consensus can only exist
>
>>a) between identical subjects
>>b) on the basis of some serious repression of interests
>>c) whole-sale deception
> >d) all of the above
>
>It is also often possible to reach consensus in two other ways:
>
>e) between those who care and those who don't
>
>and
>
>f) between the insensibly drunk and the sober.

Not to mention

g) between those under the influence of other powerful drugs and the unscrupulous.

h) between those deprived of sleep and everyone else.

Of course, there is the possibility of:

i) the "that sounds weird, but scr** it, your goals are close enough to mine and you've thought about this a lot longer and more carefully than I have" consensus.

and

j) the "this is the most we can do and still keep everyone inside the tent--and if anyone bolts the tent, we're all doomed" consensus.