Where was the Color at A16 in D.C.?

John Kawakami johnk at cyberjava.com
Tue Jun 20 17:54:24 PDT 2000

I just participated in the diversity meeting for the la indymedia, and I think: 1) at a previous meeting, I criticized the left for being trendy, using somewhat abrasive language, and I think I alienated some people -- and if any of you see this, I'm sorry, but only a little 2) the young left is very polite and politically correct and concerned with expressing themselves gently (unless they're on this list) but I am not. 3) it's a little awkward to host a diversity meeting the same night as the Lakers and Pacers are playing!

Regardless, we did plan to make another meeting (yeah, another one) to get down to brass tacks. I'm proud to say that I suggested that the "diversity mission statement" be originally composed as poetry, and then reduced to prose. Heh heh. --

johnk