Where was the Color at A16 in D.C.?

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Tue Jun 20 18:07:27 PDT 2000

JKSCHW at aol.com:
> This is stupid, Yoshie, and you are not stupid. It is also arrogant and insulting. Working people with families like liberal dem proceedings with Robert's Rules because they mean that things actually get done in a reasonable about of time, allowing them to feed the kids, get them to bed, and get to bed yourself in time to get to work. This reflects alienated conditions of nuclear families and wage labor, blah blah, but that is our reality. And I will thank you not to condescend to me and other working parents for being brainwashed when we are trying to cope with the difficult conditions of trying to do something about the alienated conditions while trying to put food on our families, as W so eloquently put it. If that is the way you approach it, no wonder that working parents keepo a million miles from your organizations.

As Yoshie pointed out, you were responding to me.

So which is it? Complaints about the alienated conditions of nulcear families and wage labor are "blah blah" and a rude offense to honest workingmen, or a important subject for which plain speaking and action might be appropriate? What is it you're going to do something about?