social security

Tom Lehman uswa12 at lorainccc.edu
Thu Jun 22 10:59:12 PDT 2000

Mike---Charts and graphs are nice. The only problem is that they should be explained in understandable detail. That way the union worthy can explain the graph or chart to other people.

This is not an easy task. Doug's famous sidebar on Social Security comes to mind. You can even pull out the Social Security Trustees Report and show someone the actuaries projections of the GDP that Doug has graphed out( the points plotted). This doesn't mean the person your explaining it to is going to get it. Although, I do think it's worth the effort!

Sure, we know that the Bush proposal would destroy the Social Security system. On the other hand why has Gore gone along with the BIG LIE that there is something wrong with Social Security? Is this more triangulation from Gore? A little lubricant before we get it put to us again! Should the American people's money be used to allow the out and out tax subsidization of private profit making corporations and for profit middle-men?

Btw, I think there is a supply&demand relationship between China PNTR and these other free trade deals and the price we are paying for oil/gasoline here in the USA. As one Ohio gentleman put it, too many hogs slopping at the trough.

Tom