Insurance Cos. - To Big To Fail (Was: Re: WHO HEALTH REPORT)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Jun 22 17:25:05 PDT 2000

Jeff Walker wrote:

> TAccording to their plan, this would generate enough funding to pay displaced
> insurance company employees for four years, plus pay for retraining
> programs.

This is interesting, but I guess I didn't find too clear a formulation for my original question. It is not, of course, the employees but the owners of the big insurance companies who would provide the most vigorous political opposition to such a plan. It took a civil war to convince the slave owners that they should give up their property.

Carrol