Death penalty

Alexandre Fenelon afenelon at zaz.com.br
Fri Jun 23 12:54:13 PDT 2000

I´ve looked at this report on Death penalty in Texas. If those WSW guys are quoting right informations, it seems Texas is commiting heavy violations on basic human rights. Will the UN start an economic boycott against US for this. Btw: All of this ritual (as Wotjek calls) of keeping people in the death room for years while they must face six or more execution schedules is one the worst forms of psychological tortures. I think the USA has no right to say to other countries how they must respect human rights.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2000/jun2000/tex-j23.shtml

Btw 2:American democracy working. Take a look at the book "Withouth Sanctuary:Lynching photographs in USA" at www.twinpalms.com . The Justice system in USA seems to be a joke. The 4500 extra legal executions in 70 years (which probably uderes- timates the real extent of the things)withouth any intervention of the authorities (in many cases with their support..) is astonishing. Not to mention the fact that those executions were carried with extremes of cruelty and became public diversion.....I don´t agree with some lbo members assertion that USA is more repressive than North Korea, but I doubt if it is less repressive than Post Stalinist Eastern European Counties...

Alexandre Fenelon