republican union members

Andrew English aenglish at igc.org
Sat Jun 24 08:16:39 PDT 2000

My got feeling is a lot of that 40% votes GOP because of wedge issues (gay rights, abortion, tough on crime, guns) designed to split the labor vote. A lot of those votes would be won back if we had a labor party with a strong working class appeal. The wedge issues are so prominent precisely because on the basic economic pocketbook issues the two corporate parties are so much alike.

-Andy English

-----Original Message----- From: Barry Rene DeCicco <bdecicco at umich.edu> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Friday, June 23, 2000 2:13 PM Subject: Re: lbo-talk-digest V1 #3089