Fwd: Truth is the First Casualty of War

Seth Ackerman SAckerman at FAIR.org
Sat Jun 24 15:32:27 PDT 2000

Brad DeLong wrote:

> >But FDR admired Mussolini, didn't he? And he did everything he could to
> >install Nazi collaborators Giraud...
> >
> >Seth
>
> People like Giraud who escape from Nazi prison camps are rarely
> described as "Nazi collaborators"...
>
> Why is the quality of the information you disseminate so low?

Seth originally wrote:

"But FDR admired Mussolini, didn't he? And he did everything he could to install Nazi collaborators Giraud and Darlan in power in France, instead of De Gaulle, whom he truly loathed, almost hysterically..."

My mistake. Giraud was the Free French resistance figure Roosevelt dumped in favor of Nazi collaborator and Vichy military chief Jean Francois Darlan. (Darlan is mentioned in the part of my post that you cut off.)

So why did FDR do it?

Seth