Fwd: Truth is the First Casualty of War

Dace edace at flinthills.com
Sun Jun 25 18:31:59 PDT 2000

-----Original Message----- From: James Baird

>> However, the actual intention of the United States
>> was not to prevent imperialism per se but simply to
>> prevent *Japanese* imperialism.
>
>So in other words, nation-states act to increase their
>own power and influence at the expense of their
>rivals.

This is not a restatement of what I wrote. It's just a meaningless generalization whose only conceivable function is to rationalize unethical behavior. Usually this kind of thing is applied to individuals, as in: Everyone's either a victim or a victimizer, so what's wrong with me being a victimizer?

>Such nonsense just shouldn't be tolerated in a serious forum such as
>this...

It's your nonsense, not mine.

Ted