Re tango instructors

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Jun 26 14:37:43 PDT 2000

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Thomas did once give a brilliant bit of advice for constructing ad
> hominem arguments: when you're trying character assassination, go not
> for what the target might perceive as his or her weak point, but go
> for the strong point, what s/he feels proudest about.

But Doug, I deliberately (1) waited for some time to pass between original post and my posting and (2) did not identify the sender of the original. I finally sent the post mostly because the parallel between tango and jazz just hit me today while I was browsing through old offlist posts.

Carrol

P.S. Perhaps the reference to orthodoxy had other motives. :-)