Nader

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jun 26 15:07:46 PDT 2000

Dennis R Redmond wrote:

>So Nader isn't perfect. Horrors! I could quibble with his position about
>culture (he criticized children's cartoons for being too violent at one
>point, a red herring in my book), but since I agree with 95% of his
>politics, I'm willing to let minor points of contention remain just that.
>The real issue is building a mass Left party in the US, in coalition with
>the Labor Party folks; the Nader campaign is just a tool to do this, and
>Ralph, to his credit, knows this.

Does he? Is he really interested in building a Green Party. At the A16 demo in Washington, he mentioned neither the party nor his candidacy. In '96, he spurned much of the party's platform. Will this really develop the GP as an organization, or is it just another personality vehicle, a la Jesse Jackson?

Doug