Nader

Seth Ackerman SAckerman at FAIR.org
Mon Jun 26 15:44:41 PDT 2000

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Does he? Is he really interested in building a Green Party. At the
> A16 demo in Washington, he mentioned neither the party nor his
> candidacy. In '96, he spurned much of the party's platform. Will this
> really develop the GP as an organization, or is it just another
> personality vehicle, a la Jesse Jackson?

It's not a personality vehicle because Nader doesn't have a personality. Nor does he seem to want one or care about one. (Neither is it to build a Green Party. But to me that's not terrible, since a non-Labor party doesn't stand much of a chance anyway.) What it is is a PR campaign: an effort to force the media and the voters to take a serious look at everything the GOP/Dems can normally get away with ignoring. That's a good thing.

Seth