London Mayday protests

Jim heartfield jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 27 01:37:08 PDT 2000

In message <01bfdfe3$7dcb29e0$4597e5cf at peterk.enteract.com>, Peter K. <peterk at enteract.com> writes quoting

>Jim J. wrote:>BUT: people who are all worked-up over this rather petty violence don't
>>(yet?) see the 'Big Picture'. Trashing a McDonalds, or facing down pigs, is
>>_nothing_ compared to the slaughter these goons have been engaged in
>>world-wide

I didn't see many people 'facing down pigs' in Trafalgar Square. The police politely pulled back whenever anyone gesticulated at them. The most that I saw thrown was plastic cider bottles. Trashing McDonalds was indeed 'nothing' - nothing but the hystrionic spasm of the middle class protesters against the mass society they so despise. -- James Heartfield

Great Expectations: the creative industries in the New Economy is available from Design Agenda, 4.27 The Beaux Arts Building, 10-18 Manor Gardens, London, N7 6JT Price 7.50 GBP + 1GBP p&p