RES: RES: Korea's blessing

Alexandre Fenelon afenelon at zaz.com.br
Tue Jun 27 16:28:12 PDT 2000

-----Mensagem original----- De: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]Em nome de Brad De Long Enviada em: terça-feira, 27 de junho de 2000 01:52 Para: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Assunto: Re: RES: Korea's blessing

>-It seems South Korea attacked first? What are your sources?
>It´s a fact that the UN recognized the Seoul government as
>the only legitimate govern for Korea. It could be a first
>step for a forced reunification, but it´s difficult to
>believe that the SK Army attacked first. They had very poor
>equipment and morale and no airforce at all... I would say
>instead that both sides were thinking about going to all, but
>the NK Army attacked first.
>
> Aleandre Fenelon

Think of two dogs snarling at each other. Truman holds tight to the leash on his dog. Stalin puts steel caps on his, and lets the leash slip...

Brad DeLong

>I don´t know if it´s good portrait of the situation. On one side,
>Stalin hesitated too much to give its approval of Kin Il Sung´s
>offensive. He also provided NK only with second rate military
>equipment (indicating a half hearted support). On the other side
>the UN decision could have provided Kim Il Sung with the evidence
>that SK and US were planning something, so he decided to strike
>first.

Alexandre