Nader

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Tue Jun 27 20:02:07 PDT 2000

Brad De Long <delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU>
> >> And then we can replace it with the absolute dictatorship of the
> > > central committee!!

Gordon:
> >We already have the dictatorship of the central committee,
> >Brad. I think you're projecting.

Brad De Long:
> Then how come I'm not on it? What's the use of making deals with the
> devil if he doesn't deliver?
>
> :-)

You tell me. I have always found the loyalty, even enthusiasm, which our great leaders elicit from the common folk to be a profound and disquieting mystery. Their Drug War alone (as one example) is a piece of such plain viciousness and insanity as to confound all description. One would think decent people would hastily leave the rooms people like Clinton, Bush, or Gore entered, lest whatever afflicts them prove to be contagious.

Perhaps one is better off not knowing.