Soaring US budget surplus

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at tsoft.com
Wed Jun 28 01:07:32 PDT 2000

Could someone spell out if there is any relation at all between a budget surplus in the accounts of a national government and, on the other hand, a trade deficit.

Chris Burford, London -----------------

It must be due to some very difficult to understand economic wizardry, something like the story I just posted on perspective and identity. Or, it could be that truth is also the first casuality of economics.

See, if you print your own money, I don't understand how you can get rich hording it. And, so therefore I am at a complete loss on how you go broke and owe yourself.

But then a lot of people are not doing very well and things are going to shit, so it must work okay.

Grimley Klewless, Berkeley