RES: Korea's blessing

Wed Jun 28 13:43:30 PDT 2000

>>> delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU 06/27/00 03:52PM >>>
>>
>>But , actually this is a small advance for Brad D. since he places
>>Truman and Stalin in roughly the same category.
>
>No I don't. Stalin let slip the leash--and so started a war.

>CB: Yea, but that's a pretty small differentiation for you.

No.

It is not.

It has escaped your notice that lots of people *die* in wars. An extremely heavy historical responsibility falls on *anyone* who starts a war. Even if the cause is just, it is usually the case that the game is not worth the candle.

_________

CB: Yes, and capitalism has brought humanity the biggest wars of all times, right ?