Questions for you Nader Fans

TRox51 at aol.com TRox51 at aol.com
Fri Jun 30 12:47:27 PDT 2000

plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Sender: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Precedence: bulk Reply-To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com

Including you, Doug:

1. Don't you think its just the least bit hypocritical of Nader to say he wants to focus on how US labor laws make it difficult to organize unions when he himself has used those laws and the system to stifle unions at his own shop (and not only at Multinational Monitor)?

2. Isn't how a man like Nader treats employees relevant to a movement that is supposedly trying to create an alternative, more democratic society?

3. Do you think Nader would agree to the unionization by card check of Public Citizen and other Nader organizations if presented with a majority of pro-union cards today? And if he didn't, would you still vote for the guy?

4. Doesn't it concern you that throughout the last 20 years, Nader has never said a word about US foreign policy - Central America, Asia, or the Middle East? I'm not talking here about corporate policy, I'm talking about such things as the US wars in El Salvador and Nicaragua or the bombing of Iraq.

5. Given Nader's (and Public Citizen's) dismal history of coalition-building over the past 3 decades, what makes you think Nader is the man to unite progressive-left forces in this country?

6. If you disagree with the assumption in Question 5, what examples can you provide of progressive coalition building on the part of Nader or PC?

Evidence, please.

Tim Shorrock