Nader

Dennis R Redmond dredmond at oregon.uoregon.edu
Fri Jun 30 20:23:20 PDT 2000

On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, Nathan Newman wrote:

> But the problem with most third party advocates, at least the
> intellectuals (actual organizers are displomatic), are personally and
> politically abusive against those who disagree with their strategy.

But we're talking about a one-party state in America which has overseen eight years of welfare deform, cuts on capital gains, bombings of Iraq, the Treasury Department's rape of Southeast Asia, and a $310 billion military budget -- to name just a few crimes against humanity committed of, by and for our ruling elites. If some sectarian yahoos gave you a hard time, well you have my sympathy, because I know what that's like, but let's keep our eyes on the ball here: the issue is not really *if* to break from the Dems, it's *when*.

-- Dennis