-- so is Diallo

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Wed Mar 1 07:26:23 PST 2000

> All three were probably imported foreign weapons!

Lucky for you, the protectionists like you got to this issue long before you thought of it:

- Sigarms is an Exeter, New Hampshire-based company. US-distributed

SIG-Sauer firearms are manufactured right here in the good old USA.

- Glock, Inc., located in Smyrna Georgia, manufactures the

US-distributed Glock firearms in use on the NYPD.

- The brand mentioned that you weren't suspicious of was Smith & Wesson,

which has it's manufacturing facilities in Springfield, Massachusetts.

... which is of course owned by Tomkins plc of London, England.

---

I forgot about the Glock 18. The select-fire Glock 18 is indeed available to law enforcement personnel, but to my knowledge has only seen service in counter-terror units and was not used by the NYPD Street Crimes Unit.

/jordan