"Human Resources"

Elisabeth Vincentelli teppaz at panix.com
Fri Mar 3 17:21:01 PST 2000

Hello-

This is my first post so I suppose I should begin by introducing myself. My name's Elisabeth Vincentelli. By day I toil as an editor in a small subsidiary of the AOL Time Warner empire; by night I'm a freelance writer, covering mostly "arts & leisure". I'm originally from France and I've been living in New York for about ten years.

I wanted to to bring to your attention a movie that's going to show at MoMA here in NY. It's called Human Resources and it follows what happens when a Paris-trained business school grad returns to the provincial small company where his father still works. It uses the new 35-hour week law to set up a narrative about labor and management. It's fiction, not a documentary, and the cast is made up mostly of non-professional actors. The reviews in France were really good, talking about a renaissance of the social-themed movie.

The screenings are on April 5 at 6pm and April 6 at 9pm at MoMA. Tickets are already on sale and I strongly advise buying them in advance as the movie's part of "New Directors/New Films", a series which always sells out.

Elisabeth