Peter Singer & Vegetarian Dogs (was Re: The Heiress and theAnarchists)

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sun Mar 5 14:06:49 PST 2000

>From an e-mail I just got on "scientific racism, " from the
d|i|s|i|n|f|o|r|m|a|t|i|o|n website,

Michael Pugliese

In 1970, the 'Military Review', a journal put out by the 'U.S. Army Command and General Staff College', published an article by Carl Larson, a Swedish geneticist at the University of Lund. Jenson wrote that although the science of 'drug metabolizing enzymes' was still relatively young, there were observable differences in the way that different populations [i.e. Races] react naturally to different drugs, pointing to the possibility of 'genetically selective' weapons, according to Alexander Cockburn's book 'Whiteout: CIA, Drugs, and the Press' (Verso, 1998).

Cockburn also writes that in 1975, a US Army report stated in its conclusion that it "is theoretically possible to develop so-called 'ethnic weapons' which would be designed to exploit naturally occurring differences in vulnerability among specific population groups."

Vankin and Whalen's '70 Greatest Conspiracies Of All Time' (Citadel Press, 1999) notes that 1931 saw the 'Rockefeller Institute' think-tank and its chief pathologist Cornelious Rhoades conduct the 'Puerto Rico cancer experiment', in which a number of Puerto Ricans were infected with cancer, killing thirteen. Here's a quote attributed to mad-scientist Dr. Rhoades, who went on in the 1940s to be placed in charge of two different chemical warfare projects, was granted a seat on the 'Atomic Energy Commission', and won the Legion of Merit award: "The Porto[sic] Ricans are the dirtiest, laziest, most degenerate and thievish race of men ever inhabiting this sphere . . .I have done my best to further the extermination by killing off eight and transplanting cancer into several more . . .All physicians take delight in the abuse and torture of the unfortunate subjects." This man was not prosecuted for any crime. He was a respected individual, though some simply thought him a bit wacky.