Peter Singer & Vegetarian Dogs (was Re: The Heiress and theAnarchists)

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Mon Mar 6 09:25:13 PST 2000

Michael Pollak wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Mar 2000, Marta Russell wrote:
>
> I think disabled people are just a stalking horse for him to get to animal
> rights. He wants to say If your moral intuitions don't allow the killing
> of disabled infants (which for most of us they don't), then they shouldn't
> allow the killing of animals.

His agenda is much broader than that. Read Should the Baby Live? That is entirely about the human question.

Singer believes in preventing suffering -- whatever that means -- and in the good for society. Singer think s that disability equates with suffering (whether the disabled person or the parent) and that disability is not for the good of society.

Marta