Fwd: 'Gas-out' apr 7-9

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Mon Mar 6 11:45:15 PST 2000

Somebody just sent this to me. I have two questions:

1. What are the merits of the claim that the 'gas out' worked in the past. It seems that after OPEC turned off the pump, it took a few weeks until the gas prices reached their current level. Why should we believe that a three day gas-out will have any, let alone lasting, effect on gasoline prices?

2. Why should I help SUV-owners to ease their pain? The least I can do, short of installing SUV-seeking missiles on my manual transmission Saturn, is to laugh all the way to the pump when I imagine what these idiots must be paying to fill up their gas-guzzling monstrosities.

wojtek