union salaries revisited

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Mon Mar 6 12:25:16 PST 2000

At 11:46 AM 3/6/00 -0600, Ken Hanly wrote:
>It would be interesting to do the same sort of thing for CEO's and
>corporations. Bill Gates (former CEO) and Microsoft for example.
> Cheers, Ken Hanly

Actually, Gates' salary is very modest by US standards. Last time I checked the US securities commission webpage that posts this kind of information on publicly traded companies - under $500 k (sic!) which is very low as compared to, say, chief mickey mouse eisner who rakes in $7m in salary alone. Gates' wealth takes the form of Microsfot equity.

wojtek