Peter Singer & Vegetarian Dogs (was Re: The Heiress andtheAnarchists)

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Mon Mar 6 19:16:32 PST 2000

>From an e-mail I just got on "scientific racism, " from the
>d|i|s|i|n|f|o|r|m|a|t|i|o|n website,
> Michael Pugliese
>
>Cockburn also writes that in 1975, a US Army report stated in its
conclusion
>that it "is theoretically possible to develop so-called 'ethnic weapons'
>which would be designed to exploit naturally occurring differences in
>vulnerability among specific population groups."

On the radio here in Chicago last week, Jerome McDonnell's (sp?) Worldview show spent some time discussing new information which came out of South Africa's Truth and Reconcilliation Commission's final report. Turns out the Apartheid government was performing secret research on chemical and/or biological "ethnic weapons" but it didn't go anywhere, supposedly. Some guy from the Financial Times who had written a biography of Mandela was discussing it. He told a story how the SA government tried to kill one prominent activist by spraying his underwear with some sort of agent when they looked through his luggage at the airport. They made two attempts and the second time he probably would have died had he not landed in the U.S. where medical experts saved him.

Patrick Bond, did you hear about this?