Peter Singer & Vegetarian Dogs (was Re: The Heiress and theAnarchist)

Eric Beck rayrena at accesshub.net
Tue Mar 7 07:30:02 PST 2000

Doug wrote:

>The arrest and public trial of Gary Null, to start with!

Yeah! The magnet guy.

>I guess I'm just a negative kind of guy, but I like
>scrutinizing things for their downside.

By all means, criticize away. I guess I was looking for a subtler distinction between those who desire organic food for its purity and cleanliness and those who eat it for its superior taste and/or to not buy it from ADM, et al.

>And what is it with all those "colon
>cleansers" you see in the health food store? Are we suffering an
>epidemic of colonic pollution?

I don't know, but people seem to think we are. And that's the important thing for the manufacturers of these these "health"-care products. I read in the NYTimes yesterday a passing reference to "colon cancer, which is ravaging the boomers" (exact words). This was the first I'd heard of it.

Eric