tree hugging nazis (was Peter Singer & Vegetarian Dogs)

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Wed Mar 8 09:23:44 PST 2000

Carrol Cox:
> I haven't followed this thread very closely, since I place the
> Singers and his ilk in the same camp with Mary Baker Eddy.
> The question is not how to debate that position theoretically
> but rather a set of practical questions as to methods of
> preventing them from fucking up political activity.

However, that sort of dismissal leaves the ilk's arguments to make their way untouched while it appeals to power -- which would have long since crushed the ilk if it could have, or at least their rhetoric. But if you want to organize the working class, you need to figure out what's going on among them and deal with it on the level where it operates, which summary dismissal and attempted effacement will not accomplish. Again, I'm surprised I have to mention this; it should be obvious.

To "prevent them from fucking up political activity", I'd suggest (as always) joining on the things you can agree with and separating on the things you can't, rather than wasting time attempting to identify and extrude heretics and infidels -- but _de_gustibus_, etc.

I guess that's my 3 for the day -- and it's only 12:20!

Gordon