Burson Marsteller report on anti-corporate activists

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Mar 9 12:25:01 PST 2000

Chuck0 wrote:

>First of all, I'd like to thank the elves which dropped this in my email
>box this morning.
>
>I'm not sure if this is legit or not, since the section on infoshop.org,
>a website I work on with others, is pretty inaccurate. Still, we do
>appreciate the positive review and hope to be moving up in the rankings
>very soon.

I just spoke with Gardner G. Peckham, the managing director who signed the cover letter for this compendium. I read him bits of the letter and some of the groups profiled, and he confirmed its authenticity. He was a bit surprised to hear it was circulating on the net. I asked, "Is this for your corporate clients to learn who their enemies are?" He laughed, and said something about how this was the first and only effort he knew of to put together a list of who was responsible for Seattle.

Doug