Valerie Solanas

Deborah Staines d.staines at pgrad.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Mar 10 15:56:15 PST 2000

Yoshie wrote:

>Everyone is, well, so responsible. And boring! You almost think that the
>main task of feminism is to reassure men (a) that feminists are not
>man-haters and to analyze (b) how the "social construction of masculinity"
>has oppressed men. Well, both (a) and (b) are part of the truth

I agree with you Yoshie, especially in regards to (b). Why can't men take responsibility for their own social constructions? Here in Australia we have a charming men's magazine called Men's Health. I'm sure there are similar objects in the States. Last month's amazing headliner concept for achieving men's health was...'Bigger Biceps!!' with a photo of said biceps on the cover. What a surprise. Why can't men's magazine's have a new idea of health, something like: 'Ten easy steps to recognising your addiction to rape' or 'Is your brother abusing your daughter? How to prevent incest in your own home' and maybe 'Get those guns out of my hair!'

deborah -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20000311/97c33ed3/attachment.htm>