Fw: SNET: I was a teenage communist

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Fri Mar 10 19:36:48 PST 2000

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Michael Pugliese quoted:
>
> >I was a teenage communist.
>
> Yeah, and I was a teenage reactionary. Thank god I got over it.

Believe it or not, I was a Young Democrat (Univ. of Kansas) before I became anarchist.

I think I started down the anarcho road a little bit on election night, 1984. I was a bit incredulous about the whole YD thing after I witnessed a good friend, who was the current president of the Young Democrats, start bawling in front of the news cameras when it became apparent that Mondale lost big time.

I was like, what's the big surprise? Mondale was a loser from the get-go. And he was certainly not worth crying over.

<< Chuck0 >> Homepage: http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/ Mid-Atlantic Infoshop: http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review: http://flag.blackened.net/apr/ ICQ# 62766441

Free Leonard Peltier! http://www.freepeltier.org/

"A society is a healthy society only to the degree that it exhibits anarchistic traits."

- Jens Bjørneboe