SNET: I was a teenage communist

Nathan Newman nathan.newman at yale.edu
Fri Mar 10 20:35:49 PST 2000

I realized that since the school was not named, the writer might be talking about Hampshire College, the "alternative college" in the 5-college system. To complain about abberant leftism there is a bit like being shocked to find gambling in Casablanca. The school is the only place on earth that allowed someone to graduate with a self-created major in frisbee, although the student reportedly got a job at Whammo, so it's not bad as leftwing vocational training :)

-- Nathan Newman