Fwd: 'Gas-out' apr 7-9

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Mon Mar 13 13:23:10 PST 2000

. . . Of course Rakesh is right that there are deviations in rates of profit, and that monopolies do try to secure higher profits (did we think they would seek lower ones?). But over all the method of distinguishing between different factions of capital overlooks the unifying element of exploitation of labour. -- Jim heartfield

Something is wrong if we isolate the well-being of labor from the social effects of firms. Some firms are financing technological innovation, others are financing idiotic advertising or trying to patent the letter 'g'. some restrict output, others try to maximize it. Some degrade the environment, others' well-being depends on the opposite result. Some spend money on training and family-oriented benefits, others use modern analogs to shape-up systems. Understanding the basis for these differences is a far cry from fixating on "jewish capital."

The 'unifying element of the exploitation of labour' seems more like the process of systematic over-simplification, albeit one with a sophisticated philosophical framework.

mbs