Pope loses control

kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca
Tue Mar 14 04:33:54 PST 2000

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000 01:32:10 -0500 Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> Since 1870, popes have been considered infallible on matters of
> doctrine.

I thought it was only matters of ethical doctrine - and only ethical doctrine enunciated from the seat of St. Peter. If I'm not mistaken, there is actually very little in the RC tradition slated to be infallible... (someone can feel free to correct me).

> Formerly the Congregation for the Inquisition, this department, headed by
Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, is the appointed guardian of church orthodoxy.

This Ratzinger guy, he's one of the folks behind the attacks on liberation theology.

ken