Marx

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Mar 16 11:17:06 PST 2000

I heard a rumor that a member of this list was recently complaining elsewhere that it isn't "Marxist." Guilty as charged. There's just too much ideological baggage associatd with that label for my taste. I admire Marx tremendously, and everything I think about politics is shaped by his influence, but I just don't want to get into all the tedious denominational squabbles that are part of the inheritance, and I want a wider conversation than that self-identification would permit.

Doug